Volunteers are essential to everything we do. When you volunteer at Oasis, you give the gift of health and wellness to people who otherwise would go without needed care. Our volunteers are a special group of people dedicated to their work and their communities. Consider joining us!
Oasis Clinical Volunteers
We welcome new volunteers to our team of clinicians who make our work possible. We are looking for:
- Primary care doctors
- Nurse practitioners
- Physician assistants
- Dental hygienists
- Mental health counselors (social workers and licensed clinical professional counselors)
Other Volunteer Opportunities at Oasis
Expand your world, connect with fun and dedicated people, and develop new skills – all while making our work possible. We are looking for:
- Bookkeeper: A detailed-oriented person to commit 1–2 hours per week to help us organize and track bills and payments for the pharmacy assistance program.
- Data entry volunteers: A thorough person who is comfortable using a computer and data entry systems.
- Eligibility counselor: A compassionate and warm person to assess financial eligibility for potential patients. This person would need to commit to a regular day and time each week. We will provide training.
- Newsletter writer: Someone with writing skills to write our monthly newsletter. Experience with Mail Chimp is a bonus but not required.
- Fundraising volunteers: People with event planning and fundraising experience to help us find donors and partners. If you don’t have experience but you have the ability to build relationships with new people and organizations, consider helping us with fundraising so we can expand access to our services.
- Marketing volunteer: Someone with marketing know-how and an interest in social media to help us spread the word about Oasis.
Meet Some of Our Volunteers
Peg is a longtime volunteer nurse with Oasis. She works directly with our patients and helps coordinate all of our volunteer nursing schedule.
Dr. Oshetski is a Brunswick dentist who gives many hours of his and his team’s time to help Oasis patients get their smiles back.
2017 Volunteer Medical Providers
|Charles Arnold, MD||Leah Bauer, MD||Rebecca Brown, PA-C|
|Richard Corbin, MD||Benjamin Crocker, MD||Cynthia Dechenes, MD|
|Lisa DeWolfe, PA-C||Peter DeWolfe, MD||Whitney Houghton, MD|
|David Inger, MD||Karen Ludwig, NP||Jeffrey Maher, MD|
|Ken Murphy, MD||Irvin Paradis, MD||James Rines, MD|
|Tom White, PA-C||Daniel Wood, MD||Lauren Fox, NP|
2017 Volunteer Nurses
|Andaria Crespi||Leilani Ganter||Peg Johnson|
|Terry Marcello||Phyllis Smith||Susan Thorner|
|Anne Nakamura||Laura Labbe|
2017 Volunteer Dental Hygienists
|Cynthia Bradbury||Monica Kilfoil||Judy Jones|
2017 Volunteer Dentists
|Thomas Anglim, DDS||John Bauman, DDS||Lawrence Bossong, DDS|
|John Caruso, DMD||Meghann Dombroski, DMD||Frederick Elsaesser, DDS|
|Walter Higgins, DMD||Randolf Howell, DDS||Per Houmann, DDS|
|Todd Mellin, DMD||Curtis Obery, DMD||James Oshetski, DDS|
|Thomas Rice, DDS||Howard Sprague, DDS||Eric Staeben, DDS|
|Joseph Wetherhold, DMD||Kathleen Winn, DMD||Christopher Wnek, DMD|
2017 Volunteer Dental Assistants
|Eli Gerardi||Vera Pustovalov||Deanna Reeber|
|Nancy Reisinger||Jaime Sevit||Rosemary Sprague|
Thank you to all those who donate their time to Oasis!
Volunteer coordination is powered by WhenToHelp